The course will provide participants with the core knowledge to set up, maintain and control an optimal ART laboratory. Participants will learn about key considerations in the design of a new laboratory or re-build of an existing one using the latest know-how – from planning (space design and future needs) to selection of construction materials (building materials, decision on ventilation system), laboratory furniture, equipment and disposables
This course is designed to:
- Enable participants learn about the optimal design and layout of a modern ART laboratory.
- Understand how to select equipment, chemicals and disposables; and storage of consumables.
- Learn how to develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Key performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Learn about quality control, management and quality assurance
- Introduction to ART Laboratory operations and Management
- ART Lab design and Layout
- Lab setup and requirements in ART
- Equipment, consumables and apparatus
- Good laboratory practice in ART
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Health and safety in the laboratory
- Logistics of running an IVF Lab
- Lab maintenance protocol
- Ethics and Law
- Practical session: taking a tour of a typical ART lab and Observing IVF/ ICSI procedures
Mode of Delivery
The course consists of
- interactive discussion and didactic lectures
- Live observation of work stations in a typical ART Lab.
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed to meet the educational needs of practicing gynaecologist surgeons, obstetricians and residents/fellows interested in hands-on training of essential gynaecological endoscopy procedures.
Applications will be treated on two-step process. Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and personal statement. After the application closing, the CPD committee will decide with respect to qualifications and level of experience judged by the committee, according to the brief description of professional background provided by the applicant. All applications will be evaluated and qualified candidates will be admitted to the course. Only selected participants will be able to make the make payments to confirm attendance.
- Registration open: August 10 2019
- Deadline for submissions of applications: to be announced
- Deadline for confirmations of selected participants: to be announced
Course Fees and Payment Details
The course is fee $300. The fee includes course admission fee, all the educational material for the course, operating theatre & skills laboratory, lunch, coffee-breaks, social dinner and certificate of attendance.
- The course fee must be paid immediately upon confirmation of attendance.
- The payment can be processed either by credit card payment through the registration system or by bank transfer or by cash on site.
- If the fee is not received by the due date,the position will be offered to the next suitable applicant.
- The reservation can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.