This is an intensive course designed to enable participants get a complete insight into the pre-requisites and techniques associated with ART. The course covers the principal procedures from oocyte collection, IVF and ICSI through to embryo selection, culture and transfer.
This intensive certificate course is designed to:
- Enable participants learn about
- basics of folliculogenesis, Fertilization and embryogenesis.
- practice of assisted reproduction techniques using oocytes and sperm.
- Equip participants with standards, skills, and knowledge on how to work in an assisted reproduction unit, in both clinical and laboratory environments.
- Enable participants develop skills in practical aspects of assisted reproduction techniques using oocytes and sperm.
- Lecture: Scientific Basis of ART
- Male and Female Reproductive Anatomy
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility
- Gamete Biology and Embryo Development
- Introduction to Techniques of ART
- Fertilization assessment and embryo culture, grading and transfer
- Quality Control and safety in the laboratory
- Ethics and Law for Embryologists
- Practical: ART Laboratory Processes
- Introduction to lab procedures
- Equipment and apparatus
- Classical IVF and ICSI Techniques
- Embryo Selection, Grading and Transfer
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
- Practical: Cryobiology
- Fundamentals of Vitrification
All procedures or specimens used in this course shall not involve the use of human eggs/embryos handling during egg collection, insemination and embryo transfer exercises.
Mode of Delivery
The course consists of
- interactive discussion and didactic lectures
- Interactive video presentations.
- Live observation of training skill sessions.
- Fully hands-on, one-on-one laboratory training sessions under the direct guidance of Clinical Embryologists. Training is done using animal models (frozen hamster oocyte and mouse embryos). There is no patient contact
Who Should Attend
This intensive course is available exclusively to graduates in medicine and biomedical sciences (Biologists, Veterinarians, Pharmacists, Biochemists, Anatomy, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Embryologists and similar groups) wanting to develop skills in clinical embryology and have interest in understanding the mechanisms of fertility, causes of infertility and techniques used to combat it by means of assisted reproduction.
Applications will be treated on two-step process. Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and personal statement. After the application closing, the CPD committee will decide with respect to qualifications and level of experience judged by the committee, according to the brief description of professional background provided by the applicant. All applications will be evaluated and qualified candidates will be admitted to the course. Only selected participants will be able to make the make payments to confirm attendance.
- Registration open: to be announce
- Deadline for submissions of applications: to be announced
- Deadline for confirmations of selected participants: to be announced
Course Fees and Payment Details
The course is fee $1,200. The fee includes course admission fee, all the educational material for the course, operating theatre & skills laboratory, lunch, coffee-breaks, social dinner and certificate of attendance.
- The course fee must be paid immediately upon confirmation of attendance.
- The payment can be processed either by credit card payment through the registration system or by bank transfer or by cash on site.
- If the fee is not received by the due date,the position will be offered to the next suitable applicant.
- The reservation can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.