This intensive training course is designed for broad range of health care professionals interested in the field of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART). The course provide training on procedures carried out in the andrology laboratory and to transmit the latest conceptual advances in the field. Participants will learn approaches for semen assessment and preparation, optimization for ART procedures.
This course aims at providing basic knowledge and practical experience on seminology and semen preparation for various ART procedures. Specific objectives of the course include;
- To learn routine semen collection, analysis and ancillary tests.
- To have hands-on practice in routine and advanced sperm preparation and selection methods prior to use in ART such as: intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- To be familiar with advanced sperm function tests (sperm DNA fragmentation, oxidative stress and genetic tests).
- To be exposed to routine and advanced methods for male fertility preservation for use in ART.
- Male reproductive endocrinology and infertility
- Introduction to Techniques of ART
- Semen collection and preparation
- Safe handling of specimens
- Routine and advanced methods for male fertility preservation for use in ART
- Quality control, quality assurance and Laboratory safety
- Ethics and Law for the andrologists.
- Practical: Andrology Laboratory Processes
- Introduction to lab procedures
- Equipment and apparatus
- Supplies & reagents
- Sperm collection and assessment
- Routine semen analysis
- Sperm function tests
- preparation for IVF and ICSI stimulation protocols.
Mode of Delivery
- interactive discussion and didactic lectures
- Live observation and demonstration of training skill sessions.
- Hands-on training with human spermatozoa under the direct guidance of an experienced andrologist. There is no patient contact.
Who Should Attend
This intensive course is available exclusively to andrologists, Embryologists, Specialists in Reproductive Medicine, Researchers, Gynaecologists, Urologists, Physicians, Nurses involved in infertility services, Resident Gynaecologists; Medical Laboratory Scientists involved in Fertility testing; and Graduates and Students in Biomedical Sciences (Biology, Medicine, Veterinary, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, etc.) interested in in developing skills in Andrology and Embryology.
Applications will be treated on two-step process. Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and personal statement. After the application closing, the CPD committee will decide with respect to qualifications and level of experience judged by the committee, according to the brief description of professional background provided by the applicant. All applications will be evaluated and qualified candidates will be admitted to the course. Only selected participants will be able to make the make payments to confirm attendance.
- Registration open: to be announced
- Deadline for submissions of applications: to be announced
- Deadline for confirmations of selected participants: to be announced
Course Fees and Payment Details
The course is fee $500. The fee includes course admission fee, all the educational material for the course, operating theatre & skills laboratory, lunch, coffee-breaks, social dinner and certificate of attendance.
- The course fee must be paid immediately upon confirmation of attendance.
- The payment can be processed either by credit card payment through the registration system or by bank transfer or by cash on site.
- If the fee is not received by the due date,the position will be offered to the next suitable applicant.
- The reservation can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.