Ultrasound imaging has become integral to the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology practice because it offers important information regarding the diagnosis, treatment and preventative care of many common gynaecological disorders and early pregnancy. With increasing educational demands and limited hours in residency programs, dedicated time for training and achieving competency in ultrasound has diminished substantially. Given the clinical importance and widespread use of ultrasound imaging in obstetrics and gynaecology it is important to equip the practitioner with latest advances in ultrasonography competence and skills.
The focus of this three-day blended learning hands-on workshop is to equip participants with recent advances in ultrasonography and the required skills to competently perform basic and advanced gynecologic sonographic examinations. Examination strategies for various procedures are explored, as well as the integration of ultrasound into established clinical practices. Participants will receive access to online didactic lecture course materials before the hands-on workshop, where they will benefit from live models and hands on experience supervised by a faculty member. Case studies will be presented to familiarize the participants with normal and abnormal findings
At the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
– Describe the capabilities and limitations of ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
– Perform basic ultrasound scanning of the non-pregnant female pelvis
– Recognize normal and abnormal pelvic anatomy including the uterus, ovaries, endometrium and cervix
– Identify the difference in techniques related to transabdominal and endovaginal pelvic scanning techniques
– Apply appropriate measurement techniques in transabdominal and endovaginal scanning.
– Perform basic ultrasound scanning in first-trimester of pregnancy
– Identify intrauterine pregnancy, extrauterine pregnancy, or indeterminate imaging.
- Fundamentals of ultrasound imaging technology
- Normal sonographic and pelvic anatomy
- Ultrasound use in gynecology, fertility and early pregnancy
- indications, limitations and use of transvaginal probe versus transabdominal probe.
- Ultrasound Evaluation of Gynecological Pathology
- diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy
- diagnosis of failed or indeterminate intrauterine gestation
- diagnosis of structural abnormalities in the uterus (polyps, fibroids, synechia)
- diagnosis of PCO
- Principles of Gestational Age Assessment
- Imaging Techniques in Fertility & Assisted Reproduction Treatments
- follicular tracking in natural cycles and stimulated cycles
- Ultrasound assessment during the first.
- how to perform BPP with hands on practice
- anatomy scan
- doppler studies
- statistical variance in measurements
- Reporting ultrasound findings
- Practical Skills Workshop
- Scan protocols and patient preparation
- Practical demonstration will include the non-gravid pelvic exam, growth assessment along with biophysical profile, and cervical length.
- Practical demonstration of TVS and TA Techniques if First Trimester patient volunteers are obtained.
- Ultrasound live demonstrations and case discussions.
Mode of Delivery
The course shall be delivered using a blended learning approach, which combines:
- lectures, seminars, tutorials, interactive group discussions, presentations and problem-based-learning sessions or case studies, and self-directed learning.
- Interactive video presentations.
- Live observation of training skill sessions.
Fully hands-on, one-on-one laboratory training sessions under the direct guidance of experienced sonographers.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for physicians, sonographers, nurses and other medical professionals who are already performing ultrasound procedures but need the highest quality in gynaecological ultrasound training. Physicians may include (but are not limited to) those involved with: OB-GYN, family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine and radiology.
Applications will be treated on two-step process. Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and personal statement. After the application closing, the CPD committee will decide with respect to qualifications and level of experience judged by the committee, according to the brief description of professional background provided by the applicant. All applications will be evaluated and qualified candidates will be admitted to the course. Only selected participants will be able to make the make payments to confirm attendance.
- Application open: to be announced
- Deadline for submissions of applications: to be announced
- Deadline for confirmations of selected participants: to be announced
Course Fees and Payment Details
The course is fee $500. The fee includes course admission fee, all the educational material for the course, operating theatre & skills laboratory, lunch, coffee-breaks, social dinner and certificate of attendance.
- The course fee must be paid immediately upon confirmation of attendance.
- The payment can be processed either by credit card payment through the registration system or by bank transfer or by cash on site.
- If the fee is not received by the due date,the position will be offered to the next suitable applicant.
- The reservation can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.