This three-day course on operative techniques in gynaecological endoscopy is designed to help participants obtain detailed knowledge of laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgical procedures (e.g. laparoscopic myomectomy and hysterectomy) and understand the usage of different types of energy modalities (electrosurgery, ultrasonic, stapling) on live tissue from the most experienced gynaecological surgeons in the region. The curriculum of this course features advanced theoretical lectures, live surgeries, instructional videos and an exclusive lab featuring hands-on training on animal models. The course is suitable for the junior surgeon starting out in minimal access surgery and for the more senior surgeons who are either new to laparoscopy or wishes to refresh their key skills.
1) To enable participants, consolidate and enhance the knowledge, clinical skills and professional abilities required to perform safe and effective laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery;
2) To engage participants in two-handed proficiency and hand-eye co-ordination for laparoscopic surgery;
3) To outline prevention and management of possible complications of various gynaecological endoscopy procedures; and
4) To practice on live animal tissue (mini pigs) in order to give participants, the technical capacity to improve their skills.
- Past present and future of endoscopic gynaecological surgery
- Camera and scope manipulation, abdominal access and insufflation, ergonomics, sharp and blunt dissection, looping, tissue extraction, and port site closure.
- Suturing skills in endoscopic surgery (interrupted, continuous, and tumbled square knot).
- Diagnostic laparoscopy in gynaecology
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Pelvic floor and endoscopic surgery
- Hands on demonstration for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in mini pigs
- Hand eye coordination exercises for left and right side
- Discussion on errors and complications
Mode of Delivery
1. Didactic theoretical lectures
2. Interactive group discussion with experts.
3. Practical training on live tissue (mini-pigs)
During hands-on session, participants will be divided into small groups to practice surgical techniques on anaesthetised animals.
4. Live video demonstration of actual Surgery.
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed to meet the educational needs of practicing gynaecologist surgeons, obstetricians and residents/fellows interested in hands-on training of essential gynaecological endoscopy procedures.
Applications will be treated on two-step process. Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and personal statement. After the application closing, the CPD committee will decide with respect to qualifications and level of experience judged by the committee, according to the brief description of professional background provided by the applicant. All applications will be evaluated and qualified candidates will be admitted to the course. Only selected participants will be able to make the make payments to confirm attendance.
Registration open: to be announced
Deadline for submissions of applications: to be announced
Deadline for confirmations of selected participants: to be announced
Course Fees and Payment Details
The course is fee $700. The fee includes course admission fee, all the educational material for the course, operating theatre & skills laboratory, lunch, coffee-breaks, social dinner and certificate of attendance.
§ The course fee must be paid immediately upon confirmation of attendance.
§ The payment can be processed either by credit card payment through the registration system or by bank transfer or by cash on site.
§ If the fee is not received by the due date, the position will be offered to the next suitable applicant.
§ The reservation can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.