You do not need to spend time and money on an outside egg donation agency. We do it all here.
Who should be treated with egg donation?
- Egg donation can be used as an effective treatment for infertility of all causes except for women with infertility caused by an anatomic problem with the uterus, such as severe intrauterine adhesions.
- Pregnancy rates with egg donation are high, particularly as compared to pregnancy rates in women with poor egg quality and quantity.
- Donor ovum IVF is generally used only in women with significantly diminished egg quantity and quality (poor ovarian reserve). This includes women with:
- Premature ovarian failure (menopause) Very poor egg quality
- Poor response to ovarian stimulation
- Significantly elevated day 3 follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) level
- Advanced female age, such as over about 39-40
How is egg donation performed?
An appropriate egg donor is chosen by the infertile couple and thoroughly screened for infectious diseases and genetically transmissible conditions.
Consents are signed by all parties.
The donor is stimulated with injected medications to develop multiple egg development. This allows us to perform in vitro fertilization with her eggs and the sperm of the infertile woman’s male partner.